[Sca-cooks] 2013 Gingerbread

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 21 13:52:22 PST 2013

To SF Bay Area cooks or visiters from afar,

For a couple of years I have enjoyed the Sausalito Gingerbread House Walk.  This year, the 7th annual, there are 23 entries spread out across town, mostly on Bridgeway and Caledonia.  Restaurants, shops, hotels and even a grocery store get into the spirit.  I've seen a tree house in a realty office, a row of gingerbread dog houses lining a vet's windows (each with dog and it's name), and this year the special treats are a shoe (think "old lady who lived in a shoe"!), a recreation of the downtown park with fountain and elephants, and a very surprisingly dressed manikin in a dress shop window.  Yes, 'house' isn't as important as 'gingerbread' in this competition.  You can vote for your favorites at each site.

A charming map can be obtained from their website to guide you on your walk.

http://business.sausalito.org/events/details/gingerbread-house-competition-tour-42

I hope some of you find time to check it out and I expect it will be around next year too.  The display is on until Dec 31.

Katra