[Sca-cooks] Pannetoni

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 15:43:30 PST 2013

> That's a heavy, dense bread!

Oh no, panettone is very light. It's a bread, not a cake (NOT at all like
fruitcake). Texture is similar to an egg bread... Soft, not dense at all.
Well, at least, the modern ones I usually buy at the Italian place - I
don't know if there's a different version in existence somewhere with the
same name. The version I know is made of wheat flour, white, not whole.
Airy, with holes in the dough from yeast bubbles. The candied fruit and/or
chocolate pieces kind of float inside. The outside crust is heavier and a
bit stiffer, it might account for the weight?

Anyway... they're good :-) (With a good caffe latte... or limoncello ;-)

Audrey