[Sca-cooks] OT: Olive oil with 24-karat gold?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Feb 9 13:16:12 PST 2013

This is an old trick.

Here's an eighteenth century description of "Mademoiselle Grimaldi's
drinkable gold":
_http://books.google.com/books?id=_VNAAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA66&dq=%22d'or%22+recette
+huile&hl=en&sa=X&ei=U7sWUaOXCeHKiwKX44D4BQ&ved=0CF8Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=%22d
'or%22%20recette%20huile&f=false_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=_VNAAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA66&dq="d'or"+recette+huile&hl=en&sa=X&ei=U7sWUaOXCeHKiwKX44D4BQ&ve
d=0CF8Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q="d'or"%20recette%20huile&f=false)

I'm reasonably sure I've seen similar medieval medical concoctions, but
can't find any just now.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 2/9/2013 1:02:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,