[Sca-cooks] OT: Olive oil with 24-karat gold?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Feb 9 15:55:59 PST 2013

One point worth noting is that gold is valuable, striking and very
maleable. The last means that you can get the visual impression of a lot
of gold using very little gold, by making the gold sufficiently thin.

Which may be one reason it is popular for such uses.

On 2/9/13 3:52 PM, Galefridus Peregrinus wrote:
> I did a bit of web surfing on the topic of edible gold and came to the conclusion that people do it in whatever form (and there are several) as a type of conspicuous consumption.
>
> -- Galefridus
>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 11:59:44 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
>> From: lilinah at earthlink.net
>> To: SCA-Cooks <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
>> Subject: [Sca-cooks] OT: Olive oil with 24-karat gold?

>> Sorry to be OT, but i have only just now heard about olive oil with 24-karat gold flakes in it and i have no other really good place else to ask... Why?
>>
>> Someone sometimes known as Urtatim

>> End of Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 82, Issue 9

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/