[Sca-cooks] Service and Kraut questions from Gwen Cat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 21:57:34 PST 2013

Gwen Cat wrote:
<<< 1) while I suspect every one knew how to make it, are there actual period (preferably German) recipes for creating sauerkraut? I know Rumpolt has recipes for cooking/serving it, but anyone write down how they made it? >>>

This Florilegium file has much of our previous commentary on period sauerkraut, and, I think, some recipes and directions.
sauerkraut-msg (44K) 6/21/09 Period sauerkraut and pickled cabbage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/sauerkraut-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com