[Sca-cooks] 'Viking' recipes

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 07:05:32 PST 2013

Ah. Good to know.

Sorry about the quote mix-up.  Can you point us to some more recent
sources, especially on bread?

The subject in general interests me since the Germanic culture of the
Migration era stretched from Scandinavia to Britain (the Burgundians are said to
 have originally come from Sweden; the Franks brought the worship of Odin
and  Thor to France). So at least some of what was true farther north would
have been  true in early France as well.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 2/11/2013 3:35:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,