[Sca-cooks] Period Pretzels, yet again...

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Feb 18 07:01:04 PST 2013

We have a baker/brewer here in my barony who's done that, IIRC (working directly with the ale barm). She's in the middle of a move, and not on this list, but I could contact her and ask her about it...I think I've eaten some of her bread, and I recall it being pleasantly hearty (she was using freshly-ground whole wheat flour), and with a slight tang to it--less so than one would find with a sourdough leavening, but more than you'd get from Red Star. =)--Maire