[Sca-cooks] On Beyond Pretzel

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 11:38:13 PST 2013

I've been through my copy of Kunst Und Brot from the Bread Museum in Ulm but didn't find braided loaves in anything early.

One can search the medieval images at the Pierpont Morgan Library through CORSAIR.

Bread turns up in 80 entries. 238 under bread or loaves.

http://tinyurl.com/a9p9la7

For instance, Ms G. 44 has "two pretzel-like bread pieces" in a Last Supper.

Johnnae

On Feb 20, 2013, at 1:34 PM, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:snipped for room