[Sca-cooks] Broke fast last night

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 26 01:43:35 PST 2013

Well, yes and no. The definitions of 'feast day' are mutable. Modernly
it sort of means 'eat whatever the hell you want' day. In the 8th c, it
meant 'you can have more food, and fancier food, but still no animal
food'. I have not been able to find (despite a lot of looking) where and
when the change happened.

Liutgard

On 2/25/2013 12:13 PM, . . wrote:
> Technically, since yesterday was Sunday, you didn't break fast.  Sunday is to be treated like a "mini Easter".
>
> And yes, I'm doing the medieval Lent again this year as well.  :-)
>
> -Isabella
>

> http://isabelladangelo.blogspot.com
>

>> Message: 3
>> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 05:29:51 -0800
>> From: "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org>
>> To: SCA-Cooks <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Broke fast last night,
>>
>> As I'm sick, and therefore allowed. That is to say, I put mayo on my
>> kidney beans (don't knock it! It's tasty!) because I don't have any
>> other non-Lenten fare. Though I may eat some of Regina's eggs if I don't
>> feel better soon.
>>
>> Anyone else doing the medieval Lent?
>>
>> Liutgard the semi-peckish

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at:
http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/