[Sca-cooks] Service and Kraut questions from Gwen Cat

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 21:27:46 PST 2013

Sorry. A bit sleepy, or I wouldn't have mixed Latin with French. But
actually either way it's "cum", originally, on the Latin side: "formé  du lat.
cum « avec » (préf. con-*)  et de panis  (pain*)"

The TLF explores the Germanic roots:
_http://atilf.atilf.fr/dendien/scripts/tlfiv5/advanced.exe?8;s=2222668485_
(http://atilf.atilf.fr/dendien/scripts/tlfiv5/advanced.exe?8;s=2222668485) ;

Illustrations  from the Early middle ages? The only ones I know of are
carvings on sarcophagi,  at least in France. What are the others?

I don't think the two person a bowl practice came until towards the end, at
 any rate.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 2/8/2013 9:03:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,