[Sca-cooks] Fermentation was Kraut questions from Gwen Cat

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 14:43:24 PST 2013

In case people have not already heard, fermentation is the next culinary big thing.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/agrarian-garden/agrarian-garden-fermentation/

Williams-Sonoma's post of the day this am was titled "Agrarian - Fermentation for Healthy Living."
They are offering Fermentation pots for
"Making tangy, crunchy naturally fermented sauerkraut is a delicious way to make the most of cabbage from your garden or farmers’ market. With our traditional pot, the process is as simple as shredding the fresh cabbage or beets and placing it the crock with a bit of salt. Time and fermentation do the rest, aided by the pot's heavy lid, which rests in a water-filled collar to create an airtight seal.
Handcrafted in Poland from dense, glazed stoneware for excellent temperature stability, which significantly improves the flavor of the finished food.
Just add vegetables and salt, top with weights (not included) and cover with lid to start the fermentation process."
Also they have vinegar pots.

Johnnae

On Feb 8, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Cat . asked: