[Sca-cooks] OT: Olive oil with 24-karat gold?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 18:02:24 PST 2013

I actually looked at a couple websites after i heard about it, before i posted here. I just wondered if the assembled fine cooks knew of any reasons other than "'cuz we can" and conspicuous consumption. Sometimes there are purported health claims or supposed gourmet qualities i might have missed.

Someone sometimes called Urtatim
who has eaten Indian sweets with silver and gold leaf
and drunk some Goldschlager
but will not be using Golden Olive Oil in her period cooking