[Sca-cooks] Heaston Blumentahl

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Feb 23 17:50:43 PST 2013

I wouldn't call the recipe Tudor.  It's Spanish, post-Elizabethean, from
Franciso Martinez Montino's Arte de cocina (1611).  You can find the recipe
in Ken Albala's Cooking in Europe 1250-1650.
http://books.google.com/books?id=2W2YuU3b_BIC&pg=PA116&lpg=PA116&dq=blancmange+frogs&source=bl&ots=lJYMTWHKCW&sig=QT7M-Rz2k-R378ek4RjnCDX0Wv8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MHApUdfJEc-rqQHS4oDwAQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=blancmange%20frogs&f=false

Bear