[Sca-cooks] Joan Santanach, Robin Vogelzang "The Book of Sent Sovi: Medieval recipes from Catalonia (Textos B)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 12:20:53 PST 2013

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:12:09 -0800
>From: David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>
>To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
>Subject: [Sca-cooks] Joan Santanach, Robin Vogelzang "The Book of Sent
>	Sovi: Medieval recipes from Catalonia (Textos B)
>
>Amazon had it listed, I ordered it, and just a got a message that the
>order had been cancelled because the book was not available. Anybody
>here know anything about it?
>
>--
>David/Cariadoc
>www.daviddfriedman.com
>http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/

I picked this up from Devra awhile ago at an event; I haven't played around with it much as it's somewhat outside of my cultural interest. But the authors do translate every recipe, with the original on the facing page, and provide commentary on the cuisine. The fun of working up the redactions would be up to you. If you can get hold of it, I think you'd find it great.

Adelisa