[Sca-cooks] LIBER DE COQUINA: peacock/capon minor correction

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 15:29:35 PST 2013

Not that it will matter to most people, but after further research I see
that I should correct one line in my translation of the peacock recipe:

For "Deinde ordinatim per solaria in cissorio pone.". I had "Then order it
set on the terrace in pieces."

But it should be: "Then have it set on the carving dish in the  solar."

For more about the solar (which sounds like it should be a "sun room",  but
is more like a "solitary or alone time room") see:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_(room_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_(room) )

It often served (I just learned this week) as an impromptu dining  room.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste  Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and Butter in Old Regime  France