[Sca-cooks] Service and Kraut questions from Gwen Cat

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 08:14:53 PST 2013

Greetings from the Outlands,
I hope those of you in the path of inclement weather all remain safe and warm.

I finally get to come up for air and have two inquiries for this amazing hive mind.

1) while I suspect every one knew how to make it, are there actual period (preferably German) recipes for creating sauerkraut?  I know Rumpolt has recipes for cooking/serving it, but anyone write down how they made it?

2) At a recent gathering I was asked for sources that included or focused on the period (no preference on location or time) table settings.  Now I have lots of recipe books, but this gentle is not interested in cooking the food, but wants to learn about re-creating the service portion of a feast or banquet.

Thanks for any and all leads and suggestions.

In service
Gwen Cat