[Sca-cooks] volume of a pottle/pottel of wine

Michelle Dean michelle.dean at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:31:35 PST 2013

Evening all

I'm trying to find out the volume of a pottel or pottle of wine for a
particular recipe (it's for an entry in the
blah-blah-secret-squirrel-A&S-Challenge-of-doooom being held here in the
Barony). The only information I have found is that a pottel contains a
half-gallon, or 2.3 litres (although the website that made that statement
has not cited a source for that measurement).

It may well be in Zupko's books on English or British weights and
measurements, but I only have his volume on Italian weights and
measurements in period, so that isn't of much help. And I only ordered the
English one today, but I need the information somewhat more quickly than
the US or Australian postal services can oblige.

So any sources or information people on this list may have will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Francesca
Politarchopolis
Lochac

--
Michelle Dean
e-mail: michelle.dean at gmail.com

"Oh bother," said the Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh Bear."