[Sca-cooks] What's the right cheese for an interrogation?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 07:31:20 PDT 2013

So much so that I tended to ignore references to this practice as being
dubious until I actually found these ninth century formulae for the trial
(there  are a number of them, along with others for hot water, hot iron, etc).
But  perhaps the blessing of the foods made them more imposing to a believer.

Barley bread was considered the worst form of bread so it would indeed have
 been considered nasty by some, though not necessarily by a poor person who
had  it as regular fare. The fact that the cheese was paired with it argues
against  the cheese being particularly tasty either.

Jim  Chevallier

Comparing early and late medieval food in France
_http://www.chezjim.com/food/pre-v/comparisons.html

In a message dated 7/2/2013 11:28:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,