[Sca-cooks] What's the right cheese for an interrogation?

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 17:48:29 PDT 2013

Respected friends:
On Tue, 7/2/13, James Prescott <prescotj at telusplanet.net> wrote:

 Interesting.  I would want to investigate more closely
 two things.

 First, while one of the texts seems to indicate a weight of 9 denarii,
 that seems anomalous to me, and the other text seems to indicate a value
 for the cheese of 9 denarii, which makes more sense to me.

 Second, "May cheese" may not indicate simply a spring cheese.  Compare,
 for example, some of the definitions / recipes for "May butter".  A "May
 cheese" might be much more *exciting* than simply an ordinary spring cheese.

 Having to keep down 9 denarii worth of "May cheese" from sheep's milk,
 along with the bread, might be much more of a challenge than appears at  first reading.

 There might be something exciting about the bread too, but I know little
 about breads.  So perhaps three things to investigate.

  Thorvald / James

I suspect its use as an ordeal may be connected to the difficulty of producing saliva if you are terrified. I'm uniquely qualified on this, since I take a medication that guts my saliva production. I have to take a sip of water with every bite of modern spongy bread. Unleavened barley bread, at least what I've seen, is throat-clawingly dry; the cheese might make things better or worse, but probably not enough better to invalidate the test.
As with most of the ordeals, fortune favors the sociopath who will not react normally to knowing he's lying and that God is watching.

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

"If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
but it's unlikely to end well."
--Goedjn