[Sca-cooks] Hungarian sources

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jul 9 13:31:50 PDT 2013

Radvánszky Béla dates are given---(1849-1906)
http://digitalia.tudaskozpont-pecs.hu/?p=2184

Google translates the Hungarian description as:
Intimate knowledge of our nation's history is an important part of the traditional Hungarian cuisine status. Deservedly may interest us is how our ancestors ate, what they ate, how the food was cooked, how it was used relatively mature in the past centuries, the art of cookery, what a thing of the past relied on during the first half of this century, a famous Hungarian cuisine.
All these information primarily Hungarian old cookbooks can be obtained. They demonstrate that the cook-book art has stood fairly high degree of XVI-th century.
Some chef-masters had gained a reputation. Even much later, like prestige, relied upon, the "főmesterre. These artists were among the others Anthony Masters, Gabor Perenyi) chef who menyegzőjén lord "is baked in an ox that in antiquity a fat sheep, the sheep of a small calf, and the calf was at once a fat capon.

Looks like more of a history, perhaps???

Notaker lists two editions of a very late 17th century printed cookery book in Hungarian.
Both were printed by Kis. The earliest dates from 1695. The second printing dates from 1698. It looks like it can be purchased also in a facsimile edition.

Little Nicholas Misztótfalusi Kis was a printer and "letter cutter" or typeographer.  dates 1650-1702

: Szakátsmesterségnek könyvetskéje / Reprint edition /
http://muzeumantikvarium.hu/search/Szak%C3%A1tsmesters%C3%A9gnek

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cook_book_titile_page_1698.jpg

Actually the Szakátsmesterségnek könyvecskéje can be searched and pops up in English if you hit google translate.

http://tinyurl.com/kdehwfy     good for looking at anyway

Master Chef Bureau booklet…...
Kolozsváratt,
M. Tótfalusi K. By Nicholas 1698th

Here's a sample---

Plum Beles

Break the plums, but the core of kihányván Luncheon at pretty tiny, it pepper, ginger, carnation, Make dough like laskának, diverted rounded than your palm, plums put addition, other pasta rebuke in and fond of peace around who does not degrade or cifrázd you kadocba and dip, or a mixture of flour and egg batter, a few do such a thing, butter, pull it up and t substations.

Today rewriting language:
Dr. Andras Varga

Johnnae