[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Anyone?

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Jul 14 12:40:28 PDT 2013

We are en route to Pennsic at the moment, driving across Utah. I plan to
be at land claim, and on site for most of the two weeks.

As usual, Elizabeth and I are doing our classes on cooking from period
sources and Islamic cooking, and Elizabeth is doing her "Pennsic without
a cooler" class.

And we have with us soused eggplant, preserved quince, and preserved
apple, two jars of each, all from al-Warraq. And bread of Abu Hamsa and
lots of crumbly crackers, of which my daughter is inordinately fond--she
made two recipes, I concluded that she would consume all of them, so
made two more for my guests.

On 7/14/13 5:39 AM, Johnna Holloway wrote:
> List has been quiet. Is everyone packing?
>
> So who is going to Pennsic? What are you cooking or planning to do? Classes?
>
> Johnnae
> sitting around and waiting for silly season here

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/