[Sca-cooks] Pomegranates

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 29 19:12:13 PDT 2013

Margus asked:
<<< Does anyone have a suggestion on a simple way to extract the juice and seed from pomegranates? I have three trees in the yard and would like to try them in some period dishes. The fruit has a skin like armor making it hard to collect the juice. I hadn't thought about drying the seeds but that is easily done. >>>

I think we've discussed this several times. Check this file in the FOOD-FRUITS section in the Florilegium:
pomegranates-msg (73K) 4/ 1/13 Pomegranate fruit, juice and seeds.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/pomegranates-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com