[Sca-cooks] Fat tuesday food question

V O voztemp at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 13:30:46 PDT 2013

Good day all!

I am in the process of creating an event that will be the weekend before Fat tuesday (since we don't usually do things on actual weekdays, due to modern life).

My question for you all is; do any of you have recipes for foods/dishes that were eaten during fat tuesday?  And if anyone has any traditions for things that were done during that time?  I have a few ideas but, looking through cook books, I am not finding many specific dishes that were for this time of the year.  I know that it was a time to use up all the things (butter, fats, rich foods. etc.) you had to give up for lent, but I would like some specifics, if possible.

There is no specific time period or country, yet, I am playing with possibilities.    The one specific thing I want to do is the pancake race, I have that all planed out.

Thank you!

Mirianna Wrenne
Outlands