[Sca-cooks] Not Dormice but muskrats

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 4 17:13:19 PST 2013

<<< And apparently the meat tastes like turkey, and not chicken!
From the Detroit News March 2, 2013
Annual Monroe dinner offers a taste of history: Muskrat

Event celebrates rodent that has a flavor 'like a strong, dark turkey meat' >>>

But for those thinking that this would be just the meat for your next SCA feast, they are native to North America and weren't introduced to Europe until the 20th century, according to Wikapedia.

Stefan

PS: For all those going to Gulf Wars, I wish you a lot of fun! I wish I was going to be there with you.

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris