[Sca-cooks] Bear, was Pantry Raid

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sat Mar 9 10:57:33 PST 2013

>Now, one thing that IS specifically for the Symposium.  There is a potluck
>Friday night, again.  I was just given about 5 pounds of bear (NOT
>Bear)...anyone have any brilliant ideas?

Rumpolt only suggests using the head and feet (which seems rather a
waste).  But the lemon almond sauce sounds interesting.

 From a Bear
Take the feet from a bear/ set them to (the fire) with water/ and let
them simmer so long/ that the hair goes away/ then trim them clean/
and cook them in a good pepper (sauce)/ (or??) in an almond gescharb
sauce/ white and sour with lemon/ then it becomes good and well
tasting.

Take the bear feet/ and the bear head/ singe on the fire/ as one
singes a wild pig/ set it to (the fire)/ and cook (simmer) it/ as one
makes it from a wild pig/ take it out/ and let it become cold/ trim
them/ and clean them off/ like this it is good to eat.

Sharon