[Sca-cooks] cheese scones

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 19 22:32:54 PDT 2013

<<< Ever since I found the recipe in a couple of Irish cookbooks, I've been making Cheese Toasties for a midday snack on St. Pat's Day. So easy, so tasty!

Katira >>>

Katira, could you please post the recipe for cheese scones that you use?

I went ahead and made "cheese and sour cream" scones for my MILs St. Pattrick's Day Feast. Despite being rather apprehensive about whether my idea of chopping in the butter would work or not, they came out well and well-recieved.

I had chosen grated cheese that was really small chunks instead of fine shavings. I might go with the fine shavings next time, but the tiny chunks did end up giving cheesy bursts of cheese as you bit into them. I did find some "European style" butter to use at the store.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris