[Sca-cooks] Viking Age Cookbook?

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:53:05 PDT 2013

Hej!

Daniel and Hannah are probably the two main early medieval food historians in Sweden today. Their previous book "En Sås av ringa värde" is a translationand redaction of the Harpestrang cookbook (using both the Q and K editions)into modern Swedish. Daniel has worked as a food historian at Glimmengehus, a medieval house museum in (I think) Skåne, the Lofotr viking museum in Norway, and the Lejre research center in Denmark, ans well as lecturing free-lance. I don't know Hannah personally, but I know she and Daniel have collaborated for several years. There's a facebook  page for the new book: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/An-Early-Meal-A-Viking-Age-Cookbook-Culinary-Odyssey/416525951771056?id=416525951771056&sk=info

Dan (a different one)