[Sca-cooks] Feast for Nithgaard (State College, PA) birthday event, Sept....

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 07:16:24 PDT 2013

I would second most of the points raised here. I would just add that a
simple literal translation would avoid these issues in some cases. However a
capon got to be "very fatty" (literally, high in grease or fat), nothing in
the  phrase says anything about it's being larded; "graund chare" I take to
mean  "large meats" (usually the bigger quadrapeds); they might well have
been cooked  in different ways, though usually roasts are labeled as such. Etc.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

A  History of Coffee and Other Refreshments in Early Modern France
by  Pierre Le Grand d'Aussy

In a message dated 3/25/2013 12:36:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,