[Sca-cooks] pig cheese

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 21:35:07 PDT 2013

Well, here's a fine mess.

On the one  hand, I am inclined to accept that it is a hoax, given that I
can't find the  cheese mentioned anywhere else, except on sites which also
seem to be based on  this one.

On the other....

First of all, the article itself is  written in perfect English; the
comment? "The cheese does not really  exists"?

And certainly there's controversy about just who wrote  it:

"JP, LifeInItaly.com is a real online magazine, not much different  than
say southernliving.com

The neither an editor nor a contibutor to the  online magazine admitted to
any such thing. Only a random poster with a disqus  account. Sorry but a
random post in the comments section means nothing,  especially when s/he
offered no  proof"
http://www.ihatethemedia.com/novak-djokovic-buys-entire-world-supply-of-donk
ey-cheese

The  second half of the statement is also inaccurate; remember the first
link?
"It's Edward Lee of Louisville's 610 Magnolia and Top Chef.  “
....Lee managed to accumulate a few jars' worth of pigs' milk, from which
he made half a cup of pig ricotta that he says was delicious. "

So,  I'd be hesitant to take the article as fact, not having found
confirming  evidence for it. But the comments (which don't always appear, by the
way) don't  seem probative either.

Jim Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

Newly  translated from Pierre Jean-Baptiste Le Grand d'Aussy:
Eggs, Cheese and  Butter in Old Regime France

In a message dated 3/19/2013 1:31:46 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,