[Sca-cooks] Grillbot OP OT

aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 08:37:38 PDT 2013

On 3/22/2013 12:31 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> I have my doubts about anything powered by only 'D' size batteries, rechargeable or not, providing enough umph to actually be effective. The idea of putting it on the grill just after you turn it off is intriguing, but since the outside, at least, is made of plastic, you probably shouldn't be to quick to do this.
>
> It's usually taken me a lot of hard scrubbing to clean such grills but then it is after they've cooled down.

Underwhelming toy IMHO also.

I don't really scrub grills, I put them on the driveway and spray them
down with oven cleaner and then get around to them.

I agree with the assessment of the plastic shell melting, but if the
plastic is not coming in contact with the grill but only the metal
scrubbing bits it may not be bad. Though this supposes that it is not
going to be done over hot coals or remaining hot ceramic grill rocks.