[Sca-cooks] dormice

Jim and Andi Houston jimandandi at cox.net
Fri Mar 1 09:09:51 PST 2013

That is bloody brilliant, that is.

Madhavi

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org [mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of V O
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:12 PM
To: Cooks within the SCA
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] dormice

 You could always do what a friend of mine did for a feast, make faux dormice from chicken legs.  We took the meat off of the bone and rolled them up to form small "bodies" fat on one end and narrow at the other so they look like little  rounded mouse bodies with out the legs and heads.  For some of the I left a bit of the skin on and pulled it to the fat end to hang off and when they cooked the shrivled up to look like the tails were left on.  Really grossed out some people, but was lots of fun.  Cooked just like the recipe from period, but not as difficult getting the meat.

Mirianna