[Sca-cooks] Saffron (was: Ethnic market epiphanies)

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Thu Mar 7 10:57:55 PST 2013

I have seen saffron priced at around $80/oz. It's the real stuff, not
safflower. I don't use it in large enough quantities, so I've never
bought that much, but I scored a 2g container for $10 a year or so ago
-- Spanish saffron, select grade. The price has gone up a bit -- I think
that it's now $13/2g at the same store. 2g will last me quite a while,
but if I were doing feast cooking, I might consider the 1 oz package.

-- Galefridus