[Sca-cooks] Viking Age Cookbook?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 20 06:08:00 PDT 2013

Greetings!  Found this link (which I made into TinyURL) in a Twitter
comment: http://tinyurl.com/d533hjb .

It's on someone's Facebook page and says, "A cookbook and culinary
factbook based on what we know today about the Viking Age food culture.
Both the recipes and the factbook part are based on finds, literary
sources, other contemporary sources and experimental archaeology."

The description is given thusly: “An Early Meal - a Viking Age Cookbook
& Culinary Odyssey” is more than just a Viking Age cookbook. It is a
combination of a textbook on Viking Age culinary practices and
mouthwatering recipes based on archaeological finds and experimental
archaeology.

The book is a result of a 15 year long collaboration between research
and experiments of Daniel Serra, culinary archaeologist - experimental
archaeologist and doctoral student - and the culinary skills and palate
of Hanna Tunberg - foodie, sommelier and archaeologist.

The book is planned to be released by late spring and is the first book
published by ChronoCopia Publishing."

The recipes, if any, won't be taken from period sources since none
exist, but maybe they might be somewhat more "authentic" than what is
done by re-enactors. Does anyone have further information?

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com