[Sca-cooks] Asafetida leaves and terebinth berries

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 11:22:50 PDT 2013

I was looking for asafetida, and discovered that what I could buy easily was "extended" with flour, usually wheat, sometimes rice or both.  so I didn't get it as I had some from someone else and was trying to go gluten free for someone (thought I'd look for one with rice flour only if possible)

Then found some at a re-enactors market, at the price she was asking, I asked her what it was extended/mixed with and she said it was pure... (at the price I was fairly sure it couldn't be) I mentioned to her I had been researching it on line, but she didn't seem too interested.

Anyone recommend a brand or source?

Arianwen ferch Arthur

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx