[Sca-cooks] Fwd: [caerthencooksguild] medieval cookbook links

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat May 4 21:33:28 PDT 2013

You can find the Anonymous Andalusian in HTML, as Perry translated it
and without the editing and commentary added  on that page,  on my site at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Andalusian/andalusian_contents.htm

and you can find worked out versions of quite a lot of recipes from that
cookbook in the /Miscellany/, the first link at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Medieval.html

On 5/4/13 5:56 PM, Susan Lin wrote:
> Received this from another list.  I did not attend the class but the poster
> did.  I've only taken a cursory look at both sites.  I'm not endorsing -
> just passing on information.
>
> Shoshanah
>
> So, one of the classes I attended at Calontier Cook's Symposium was on An
> anonymous Andalusian cook book
>
> It is available here:
> http://italophiles.com/andalusian_cookbook.pdf
>
> In this case Andalusian means the area controlled by the Moors, so parts of
> Spain and Morocco, etc...
>
> the site also has other medieval cookbooks:
>
> http://italophiles.com/ancient_cookbooks.htm

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
http://daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/