[Sca-cooks] Albala teaching one of The Great Courses

Katja katjaorlova at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 11:43:01 PDT 2013

Well, it would be the Teaching Company, not him directly, but I agree!

It looks like a truly wonderful class and I'm really looking forward to getting it.

My husband and I really enjoyed the Ancient Egypt course, one of the nutrition ones, one on effective decision making, and the one on the medieval world. Sadly, the one on the Italian Renaissance was borrrrrrrrrrrring, much to my surprise that anyone could make that subject uninteresting. We just listened to most of the Age of Henry VIII, which started out well and appears to be ending well, but the middle lectures are pretty pedantic. We haven't gotten many of the DVDs since we use these primarily for passing the time on trips, but we liked Neil deGrasse Tyson's My Favorite Universe and one my husband just got on exercising.

Have you ever listened/watched any of these?

Best regards,

Katja