[Sca-cooks] Asafetida leaves and terebinth berries

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue May 28 06:30:01 PDT 2013

Terebinth is a term used for two related plants, Pistacia palaestina and P.
terebinthus.  P. palestina is found in the Levant.  P. terebinthus is more
widely established in the Mediterranean basin and is probably the primary
provider of the berries.  You might want to look for them in a Middle
Eastern market as menegic or bittim or in a Greek market as tsikoudia
(although this is also used to describe a type of brandy).

Bear