[Sca-cooks] hair cloth

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 15:32:53 PST 2013

<<< I try to make minimal changes, but think "let them run through a hair
cloth" is clearer than "let them through a hair cloth run".  Or "and
let simmer until completely done" rather than "and let until
completely done simmer".  YMMV.

Ranvaig >>>

Yes, I agree.

As an aside, I understand what this "hair cloth" is from previous discussions here. Has anyone actually tried to make one of these?  Out of real hair? How coarse or fine were these? How coarse or fine was yours?

I would love to add the A&S docs, or better, an article about this and what the background on how these were used in the Florilegium. I have two metal mesh things similar to what these sound like here at home. One is for straining, the other I think is just to prevent grease splatters. I'm not sure how either of these compares to these hair clothes though.

Thanks,
  Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com