[Sca-cooks] Local Feast Disappointment

morgana morgana at gci.net
Thu Nov 7 15:50:32 PST 2013

On Nov 7, 2013, at 7:08 AM, David Walddon <david at vastrepast.com> wrote:

> Lead by example and let it go.
> There is nothing you can do about someone's inability to process change and new information.
> They have to do it in their own time and context and they may never get there.
> Eduardo

That's what we do up here. Just last month we had a Japanese feast that entailed a lot of research and even importing a Japanese laurel who had been a major consultant. We do this annually, focusing on a cuisine and time, or a specific cookbook.

The fare at our usual potluck events vary, but most of the 'oldtimers' are great examples bringing delicious period dishes, and we all encourage the hell out of the newcomers (without being snarky with their modern contributions).

I think sometimes it's easier to do in small groups and hope that when people move on, they take their new knowledge with them. (We have lots of military and students to practice on - G).

Morgana yr Oerfa
Winter's Gate, Oertha,West