[Sca-cooks] Why a feastocrat might get picked over other headcooks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 11 19:25:06 PST 2013

Doc asked:
<<< Why then did he insist on cooking the feast when there were several
others within the local area who were interested in cooking the feast
and wanted to do something medieval? >>>

A bigger question is how was he selected as the head cook?

Did the event steward pick the menu and head cook? Or was it placed before the populace? Did the head cook present a likely menu during the selection phase?

If none of the event proposals featured a period feast, that could be one reason. Sometimes we only have one or two event proposals to choose from, even when they include a selected head cook and a proposed type of feast.

As to why a particular feastocrat may decide to not cook a period feast, well, we have some folks in the barony that have super-sized egos.  Which is also after almost eliminating "remove" in our feasts, it re-occurred with a experienced cook who came from elsewhere.:-(

How do other groups select who will be cooking the feast and the menu?

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris