[Sca-cooks] Local Feast Disappointment

Joel Lord jpl at ilk.org
Fri Nov 8 18:53:27 PST 2013

Yeah, ordering people to do something they don't want to do is the fast
road to driving them away.  Not really helpful.

The component of the original post in this thread that bothered me was
that the cook in question was not just proud of cooking non-period food,
but practically gloating about it.  Someone who isn't really into it for
the historical value is one thing and may just be able to be slowly
prodded in the right direction.  Someone who is outright _against_ doing
it right is counter-productive.

On 11/8/2013 9:09 PM, Terry Decker wrote:
> I question the advisability of ordering anyone to cook "period food."
> Given some of the feasts I've endured, I'll settle for the cook being
> able to cook for a group.
>
> On the other hand, I will be moving to the College of St. Golias, which
> has some good cooks, who lack experience in historical cooking and
> culinary history.  Hopefully, I will be an adequate instructor.
>
> Bear

Joel Lord
Event Steward, East Kingdom Twelfth Night 2014
Web Administrator, Alpha Psi Omega Grand Cast
etc... etc... etc...