[Sca-cooks] OOP-French View of English Food

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Nov 18 10:09:50 PST 2013

Rumpolt has many references to "Weisse Erbeß" or
white peas.  There are 16 recipes in the Zugemüß
or side dish section for dry peas.  They are
mentioned in several menus including the
Keyserliche or Imperial banquet, so not just
poverty food.

I found white whole peas at an Indian grocery,
but after they were cooked and the hulls removed,
they were exactly like common yellow split peas.
The outside was greyish white, but the inside was
yellow.

Ranvaig