[Sca-cooks] The great Medieval water myth

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 13:50:46 PST 2013

Interesting stuff. I see that Bear said in large part what I do now.

So hopefully we're agreed that this one should be buried next to "spices
were used to cover the taste of bad meat". And yet you'd be surprised how
much  pushback I've gotten in some quarters trying to correct the received idea.

Paolo  Squatriti by the way has an interesting section on how the rich
avoided water  specifically because everyone could drink it and when they did
drink it did  things like freezing or heating it to make it "special". Not
always the case,  but an interesting observation as far as it goes.

Jim  Chevallier
 (http://www.chezjim.com/) www.chezjim.com

Les Leftovers: sort of a food history  blog
leslefts.blogspot.com

In a message dated 11/21/2013 1:32:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,