[Sca-cooks] 1682 Polish cookbook

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:09:19 PST 2013

> ...a Polish cookbook from 1682While it is outside out time frame, it is
> the oldest Polish cookbook i know of, and according to the blurb on the
> museum website it is known as the oldest Polish cookbook.
>
> "The first known edition is circa 1535-1547. KUCHMISTRZOSTWO printed in
> Krakow by Hieronym Wietor. Anonymous translation from the Czech."

I was not aware that Kuchmistrzostwo was translated into Polish from Czech.
My understanding was, though, that the original work was German
(Kuchenmeisterei or Kuchenmeisterey). Assuming I am correct, I am curious
what other languages it was translated into.

The link to the Digital Library of Wielkopolska works, by the way. Thanks
for that, Doc.

Guillaume