[Sca-cooks] Ivan Day's Advanced Sugarwork Course

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 26 05:56:02 PST 2013

Greetings! The description (and some photos) of the new Advanced
Sugarwork Course given by Ivan Day is now online:
http://www.historicfood.com/Advanced%20Sugarwork.htm

Of special interest to me (and SCA time period) are "Ragged Comfits" and
"Ornamenting English Renaissance sugar trenchers" which will use period
pigments. OOOOOHHH!

Interesting, but not of so much interest, are "trionfi" constructions,
one of which is pictured.  I can't wait to attend this course which runs
on 5-6 July!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming