[Sca-cooks] Hartshorn Re: Reasons why period cakes aren'tmodern cakes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Oct 5 06:05:59 PDT 2013

That's probably right.  If you will permit me to speculate a little; a
literal translation would be "deer corn."  The most common European millets
have roughly conical heads that look like horns, so it is very possible that
the references to antler (horn) are a reference to the heads of millet.

Bear