[Sca-cooks] Peanuts are New World?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:55:00 PDT 2013

There is a book I love: "Why We Eat what We Eat: How the Encounter Between
the New World and the Old Changed the Way Everyone on the Planet Eats" by
Raymond Solokov. A very complete register of New World food.
Ana

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:

> Popcorn and corn pops too.
>
> Johnnae
>
> On Oct 15, 2013, at 5:18 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > From Johnnae:
> > <<< Corn chips, potato chips, salsa, bean dip (use new world beans),
> peppers, peanuts,
> > chocolate, vanilla, pecans, brazil nuts, cashews, chicle (chewing gum),
> sunflower seeds, etc. >>>

http//congresomujeresdenegromontevideo.wordpress.com
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/
http://www.scoop.it/t/urbanism-3-0

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci