[Sca-cooks] Note to "spices hide the taste of bad food"

Saint Phlip saintphlip at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 11:12:34 PDT 2013

I have heard that porcupine is actually pretty tasty, although I've never
had a chance to try it.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM, <JIMCHEVAL at aol.com> wrote:

> This article says that the Greek church accused the Latins of eating a
> number of foods, including porcupine, and that recipes were known for it
> (none
> cited though):
>

> http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/rbph_0035-0818_2003_n
> um_81_4_4773 (1032)
>

> Other fun porcupine facts:
>
> In grottos in Kabul, porcupine bones were still found from modern remains
> (along with jackal and bat)
>
> http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/jafr_0037-9166_1931_n
> um_1_1_1507 (125)
>

> In Gabon, apparently porcupines sometimes eat the pit of a local fruit
> which makes their meat bitter:
>
> http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/jatba_0370-3681_1930_
> num_10_104_4846?_Prescripts_Search_tabs1=standard&
>

> In the Congo, the Beena Luluwa believe that if a pregnant woman eats
> porcupine it will give her child abcesses and stomach problems.
>

> http://www.persee.fr/web/revues/home/prescript/article/jafr_0399-0346_1990_n
> um_60_2_2458   (163)
>

> Jim  Chevallier
>
> Comparing early and late medieval food in France
> http://www.chezjim.com/food/pre-v/comparisons.html

Saint Phlip

So, you think your data is safe?
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/schneier.google.hacking/index.html?hpt=T2

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

.I never wanted to see anybody die, but there are a few obituary notices I
have read with pleasure. -Clarence Darrow