[Sca-cooks] Flandrin: the medieval order of meal

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sat Oct 26 10:31:47 PDT 2013

Thanks. That was more useful I think than my own summary. The one point I
would add is that he (as I recall) emphasizes the symmetry in the number of
dishes in each course, which is an interesting point.

How useful this is to someone who's trying to be strictly 13th-14th century
 in their order, I don't know. Beyond making the roast the centerpiece and
trying  to keep the number of dishes in each course equal, I think you're
still pretty  much on your own.

Jim  Chevallier

Comparing early and late medieval food in France
_http://www.chezjim.com/food/pre-v/comparisons.html

In a message dated 10/26/2013 10:26:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,