[Sca-cooks] (OP) Interesting spread of sandwiches

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Oct 30 09:58:01 PDT 2013

I thought Iowa, Illinois and Indiana were ok. Never heard of the Maryland one
but we seldom get to Baltimore. (Husband is from there.)

Michigan would be better off with a sandwich from Zingerman's. (included by the Sterns)

Just pulled my copy of the Stern's Roadfood Sandwiches and they include more than one sandwich for certain states.
New York gets cortlands, spiedies, souvlaki, Katz's chopped liver, plus beef on weck. And because it's Roadfood they skip Alaska and Hawaii.

There's always this show too-- Sandwich King.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/sandwich-king/index.html

Johnnae

Oct 30 at 12:16 am
You might check out Roadfood Sandwiches: Recipes and Lore from Our Favorite Shops Coast to Coast [Jane Stern, Michael Stern]

Johnnae